We reserve the therapy rooms for 60, 90 and 120 minutes, this gives each therapist ample time for a therapeutic hour with each client. A therapeutic hour is a “hands on” minimum of 50, 80 or 110 minutes, respectively. Your first session will include a client intake form so that we can customize a massage that is perfect for you. To ensure that you have all the table time that is reserved especially for you, we recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first scheduled appointment. This allows you ample time to fill out the client form and to prepare for your session. Due to an increase in no shows a credit card is required to reserve your therapist and therapy room. You must be 18 or over to receive massage treatments or have consent of parent or legal guardian.
Recognizing that we do schedule the time just for you, have other clients to consider, and have to maintain a smoothly running business, if you do not call to cancel your appointment with in the 24-hour cancellation period or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged full price for the scheduled service.
Same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the scheduled service price UP TO THREE hours prior to massage – if a cancelation falls within a three-hour window prior to the scheduled massage session you will be charged for the full amount of the session.
Hands of Mercy Massage respectfully requests the courtesy of a 24-hour cancellation notice of an appointment. Your massage session is reserved especially for you. If you are within this booking time, you are considered confirmed for your treatment and the cancellation policy will be in effect. Without this notification, you will be charged for the session. This policy also applies to members and gift card holders. Your therapist is reserved especially for you and this will pay for the time they set aside for you.
Thank you for your understanding and your reciprocal commitment to the care of our therapist. We appreciate you!
- You may cancel your appointment without charge any time before the close of business on the business day preceding your appointment. If your appointment is on a Monday, your preceding day will default to the Saturday preceding your appointment on Monday, as we are closed on Sunday.
- We understand that life “happens” and that sometimes-last minute cancellations will be necessary for you to make. However, to defer the cost of the therapist and the room that has been reserved especially for you, same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the scheduled service price up to three hours prior to massage. If a late cancel falls within the three-hour window prior to the scheduled massage session you will be charged for the full amount of the session.
- If you do not call to cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full price of the scheduled session. If you are a member and you are unable to make your appointment and do not call, your Autopay Session will be processed as a “no show” and that session will be considered “used”. -If you have a late cancel up to three hours prior to massage you will be charged for ½ of your scheduled session, or if you have a session “banked” ½ a “banked” session will be considered used.
- Same day reservations will require a 3-hour cancellation notice. If you cancel your appointment before the 3-hour window, you will not be charged for your appointment and if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment and do not show up, you will be charged the full price of the session. If a cancelation falls within the three-hour window prior to your scheduled massage session you will be charged for the full amount of the session.
- We do understand that emergencies and illnesses do occur – IF YOU ARE SICK – if you have a fever, are vomiting, or have children that are ill and need you at home, within 24 hours of your appointment – please cancel your appointment. Equally, if there is a hurricane or other natural disaster, please feel free to call and reschedule your appointment. There is no charge for these types of cancellations. We care about you.
A client arriving late for their scheduled appointment cannot be guaranteed an extension of services. All appointments have been designed to allow the appropriate time for the full enjoyment of the service, and to accommodate a full day of reservations we must respect the time of others. Your late arrival may limit our ability to offer the fullest experience possible. An unhurried and relaxing treatment will be rendered only for the remainder of the scheduled session. You will be responsible for the full service.
If we are running late we will give you your full treatment time for the service you reserved or if you prefer you may reschedule your appointment with no additional fees.
Speak with the therapist directly about style and depth of pressure. For massage, you should undress to the extent comfortable for you. We provide full draping for the comfort of our clients and safe, non-sexual massage.
Please maintain personal hygiene. Showering before your massage is required. In keeping with our commitment to cleanliness, safety and hygiene, our equipment is sterilized and sanitized to medical standards after every service and treatment.
Payment is due at the time of service. We accept both cash, checks and all major credit cards. Credit card is required to reserve appointment time.
A gratuity is a gift, and it’s appreciated. It is traditional to tip if you feel you have received excellent service. If you would like to tip, 15-20 percent is a good guideline. If you wish to tip your therapist, you may give it to them directly or leave it at the front desk using cash, credit or debit upon check out.
The massage therapy given here is for the purposes of deep relaxation, stress management, reduction of muscular tension and developing holistic personal awareness. We do not diagnose illness, disease or any other physical disorder. We do not prescribe medication, or perform spinal manipulations. All massages are non-sexual. If sexual advances are made or sexual intentions relating to the session are made known, we WILL terminate the massage immediately. We reserve the right to refuse to work on a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
We respect all clients regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or political affiliation. As per the Florida Board of Massage & Bodywork Practice Act, we will maintain confidentiality of all client’s information except in the event the client agrees to disclosure in writing, or by court order.
We shall not be held liable for any conditions that arise after the massage. Clients agree to this for the initial and future massages by signing the informed consent form. Consent may be withdrawn at any time by either party and clients are encouraged to continuously communicate boundary requirements with us. The client agrees to state all information on the health history form accurately and completely, and will inform the office at time of check in and therapist verbally of any new conditions or changes in health.
Thanks for coming in! It is our pleasure to serve you!
Terms and Conditions